Investment policy decision offered to Hai Lang LNG Electricity Centre

Friday, 2021-10-08 15:47:09
 Font Size:     |        Print

Leaders of Quang Tri Provincial People's Committee and investors at the ceremony for offering the Investment policy decision.
 Font Size:     |  

NDO - Quang Tri Economic Zone Authority has just handed over the Investment policy decision for the first phase of Hai Lang Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Electricity Centre at a ceremony in Hanoi on October 7.

At the same time, the investors of the Hai Lang LNG Electricity Centre Project’s first phase, with a capacity of 1,500 MW, were also announced, including T&T Group, Hanwha Energy Joint Stock Company, Korea Southern Power Co., Ltd., and Korea Gas Corporation.

According to the investment policy decision, the Hai Lang LNG Electricity Centre in Quang Tri Province is an investment cooperation project between a leading private economic group in Vietnam with strong economic potential and three leading prestigious Korean enterprises in the energy field in Asia, in which T&T Group is contributing 40% of the investment capital while the three remaining enterprises will contribute 60% of the investment capital in this key energy project of Quang Tri Province.

The project has a total investment capital of the first phase of the project up to nearly VND54,000 billion.

Earlier, on February 4, the Hai Lang LNG Electricity Centre was approved by the Prime Minister to supplement phase 1 (1,500 MW) into the revised Power Development Master Plan VII with the operation schedule in 2026 - 2027; the second Phase of the Project (3,000 MW) will be specifically considered in the Power Development Master Plan VIII.

Speaking at the ceremony, Deputy Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee, Chairman of the Quang Tri Provincial People's Committee Vo Van Hung said that the ceremony is an important milestone for the Hai Lang LNG Electricity Centre Project.

The project has been identified by Quang Tri Province as a key energy project of the province, which should be prioritised for investment in order to create an impetus for Quang Tri Province to become an energy centre of the central region; and act as the premise and driving force for socio-economic development, national defence and security assurance and job creation for workers in the province.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • IN
  • Google+
  • Weibo
  • email