* Lorenzo Insigne stepped up to slot in a 98th-minute penalty as Napoli came from behind to beat Cagliari 2-1 on Sunday (May 5) to guarantee they finish second in the Italian league this season behind Juventus.
* Olympique Lyonnais and Lille both stayed on course for a top-three finish in Ligue 1 and Champions League football next season after battling to a 2-2 draw in pulsating clash on Sunday.
* Huesca were relegated from La Liga on Sunday after they were hammered 6-2 by a rampant Valencia, who scored five times during a ruthless first-half blitz.
* Atalanta took a big step towards Champions League qualification with a 3-1 win at Lazio in Serie A on Sunday. The Bergamo side are fourth on 62 points but have moved within one point of third-placed Inter Milan, who were held to a goalless draw by Udinese on Saturday.
* Striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar scored twice as Ajax Amsterdam lifted the KNVB Cup with an emphatic 4-0 win over Willem II Tilburg on Sunday to keep alive their chances of lifting three trophies this season.
* Bayer Leverkusen boosted their chances of a top-four finish in the Bundesliga and a place in next season's Champions League after scoring six first-half goals for a breathtaking 6-1 home win over direct rivals Eintracht Frankfurt on Sunday.
* AS Roma's Antonio Mirante saved a stoppage-time penalty to earn a point in a 1-1 draw at Genoa in Serie A although Sunday's result still damaged the capital club's Champions League qualifying hopes.
* Esther Gonzalez scored a hat-trick as Atletico Madrid beat Real Sociedad 3-1 to edge out Barcelona and win the Spanish women's championship, the Liga Iberdrola, for a third successive year on Sunday.
* Bayern Munich confirmed that veteran French star Franck Ribery will end his 12-year spell at the club at the end of this season, and announced that he and fellow stalwart Arjen Robben will be granted a farewell match next year.
* Naomi Osaka eased concerns about her form and fitness by coming through a tricky first round against Dominika Cibulkova at 6-2, 7-6 (8/6) on Sunday at the Madrid Open.
* Norwich City beat Aston Villa 2-1 on Sunday (May 5) to seal the English Championship title as Derby County qualified for the play-offs with a 3-1 win against West Bromwich Albion.