* Napoli reached the Coppa Italia final with a 1-1 draw at home to Inter Milan on Saturday as forward Dries Mertens became the club's all-time record scorer.
* Leganes remain deep in relegation trouble after losing 2-1 at home to Real Valladolid on Saturday in their first La Liga game following a three-month hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
* Villarreal midfielder Manu Trigueros scored a late winner to give his side a 1-0 La Liga away victory at relegation-threatened Celta Vigo in an otherwise lacklustre contest on Saturday.
* The head of Italy's football federation (FIGC) hopes that stadiums can be opened to at least some fans next month if the rate of coronavirus infections continues to drop in the country.
* Leon Goretzka's 86th minute goal gave Bayern Munich a 2-1 victory over visitors Borussia Moenchengladbach on Saturday (Jun 13), meaning they need to win just one of their last three matches to secure the Bundesliga title.
* Borussia Dortmund substitute Erling Haaland headed a stoppage-time winner to snatch a 1-0 victory at Fortuna Duesseldorf on Saturday (Jun 13) but their title hopes grew slimmer as Bayern Munich kept up their winning run.
* The return of Italian football was a hit with television viewers in the country as more than eight million tuned in to watch the cup semi-final second leg between Juventus and AC Milan on Friday (Jun 12). The 0-0 stalemate, which was enough to send Juventus to the final, drew the biggest TV audience for a football match this term, Italian media reported on Saturday.
* France's mountain biking Olympic champion Miguel Martinez is set to resume his career on the road at the age of 44 after signing a six-month contract with the Amore e Vita team following a 12-year hiatus.
* Sheffield United's Ireland forward David McGoldrick has signed a contract extension that will keep him at Bramall Lane until 2022, the Premier League club said on Saturday.
* World number one Novak Djokovic, Austrian Dominic Thiem and Germany's Alexander Zverev won their opening Adria Tour matches in contrasting fashion as the two-day charity event got underway on Saturday (Jun 13).
* Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo has confirmed that veteran duo Thiago Silva and Edinson Cavani will not stay with the French champions with their contracts due to expire at the end of this month.