The view of the Resolution is that building and developing a civilised and modern Ho Chi Minh City is an important political task of the entire Party, people, army, and the whole political system, especially the Party Committee, the administraion and people of Ho Chi Minh City.
The Resolution focuses on prioritising perfecting institutions, policies and favourable conditions to create a breakthrough in mobilising synergy, effectively exploiting potential, advantages, strategic positions, and helping Ho Chi Minh City develop quickly and sustainably.
The city shall continue to maintain its role as a major centre of economy, culture, education-training, science and technology, promoting the development of the Southeast region and the southern key economic region; soon to become the centre of economy, finance, services, culture, education-training, science-technology and a hub of innovation of Southeast Asia and Asia, providing great global competitiveness.
Goals towards 2030: Ho Chi Minh City to become a civilised, modern, loving, dynamic, creative city with high quality human resources; a modern service-industrial city, a leading city in digital economy and digital society; an economic, financial, commercial, cultural, educational, scientific and technological centre of the whole country with extensive international intergration, and one with a prominent position in Southeast Asia. Average growth is expected to reach about 8-8.5%/year; GRDP per capita will be about 14,500 USD; and the digital economy will contribute 40% to GRDP.
Vision to 2045: Ho Chi Minh City will develop on a par with major cities in the world, becoming an economic, financial and service centre in Asia; become an attractive global destination. The economy and culture will develop with special characteristics, the people will have a high quality of life; it will be a nucleus of the Southeast Asian region, a growth pole of the whole country; attracting financial institutions and international economic groups.
The resolution focuses on the main tasks and solutions including:
1. Focusing on rapid and sustainable economic development on the basis of innovating the growth model, restructuring the economy, improving productivity, quality, efficiency and international competitiveness, mobilising and using efficient use of all resources.
2. Improving the quality of planning, management and implementation; sustainable urban development, adaptation to climate change; promoting the construction of synchronous and modern infrastructure.
3. Strongly developing culture, society, education and training, take care of people’s health, improve people’s quality of life, build people’s civilised, modern, loving city, worthy of the city named after President Ho Chi Minh.
4. Ensuring national defence and security; improving the efficiency of foreign affairs and international integration.
5. Strengthening the building and rectification of the Party and a clean and strong political system.
6. Promulgating outstanding policies and laws, promoting decentralisation ,dynamism and creativity for the common benefit of City officials, meeting the requirements of city development in the new period.