Speaking at the ceremony, Deputy PM Truong Hoa Binh said that the entries highlighted the pressing issues as well as praised examples, creative models and experience in ensuring traffic safety.
He also asked the journalists and reporters to deeply reflect various angles, contributing to reviewing and analysing the cause of and proposing solutions for traffic safety issues.
This year’s event received nearly 1,000 entries from 50 press agencies around the country. Accordingly, the organising board presented 32 individuals prizes, including two first place and five second place prizes, as well as three awards for the agencies with the most entries.
On the occasion, the press awards on traffic safety in 2020, themed “No driving after drinking”, were officially launched.
Politburo member Vuong Dinh Hue congratulates Hanoimoi Newspaper (Photo: hanoimoi.com.vn)
* On the occasion of the 95th anniversary of Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day (Jun 21), Politburo member and Secretary of the Hanoi Municipal Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue visited and congratulated the Hanoi Radio – Television and Hanoimoi (New Hanoi) Newspaper.
He asked the Hanoi Radio – Television to renovate its operations to take full advantage of the potential of a major information centre of the capital city.
Hanoimoi Newspaper should improve its quality to become a multimedia press agency, focusing on modernism and professionalism.
* The Ministry of Public Security held a meeting for press agencies and veteran journalists and reporters in the public security forces.
Politburo member and Minister of Public Security General To Lam congratulated the efforts and achievements of press workers in the public security sector over recent years.
* The Government Office held a gathering in Hanoi yesterday for leaders, officials, reporters and editors from the central press agencies.
At the event, Minister-Chairman of the Government Office Mai Tien Dung conveyed the PM’s sincere thanks to the journalists who have always accompanied in the development of the country; the protection of the sacred sovereignty; and the fight against corruption.
At the meeting for press agencies and journalists held by the VFFCC (Photo: mattran.vn)
* Also, on June 17, the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee held a meeting to extend congratulations to press agencies and journalists nationwide on the occasion of the Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day (June 21).
A representative from the VFFCC emphasised that the press agencies have closely coordinated with the committee to propagandise and mobilise people to join campaigns and patriotic emulation movements.
* Various ceremonies and meetings were also held in many provinces and cities around the country to celebrate the 95th anniversary of Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day.