The event was also held on the occasion of the 86th founding anniversary of the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) (November 18, 1930-2016).
Speaking to locals in Mat Hamlet, PM Phuc stressed the important role of the VFF in lobbying and rallying the masses to implement the Party’s goals, ideals and work, struggling for national independence and the construction and development of the country.
Affirming the significance of the Great National Unity Festival, which is held annually by the VFF at all levels, the PM stressed that it was a specific activity calling for the maintenance of solidarity across all parts of the nation.
It is also a broad democratic forum, offering an opportunity for people to give feedback on the Government’s operation and to critique shortcomings and acts of embezzlement, corruption and harassment that affect national socioeconomic development, thereby contributing to building a cleaner and stronger Party.
The Government leader urged Mat and Dan Chu residents to continue further promoting achievements gained, especially promoting their national cultural identity, maintaining social order and safety and preventing and eradicating social evils while especially strengthening the bloc of great national unity.
He asked the local authorities to pay more attention to poverty reduction with specific actions, constantly advancing people’s knowledge and creating favourable conditions in which for young people to develop economically and to enrich their families and society in the near future.
The PM also noted the locale should focus on the tasks of Party-building and the development of the local Government, in which officials and Party members should take the lead for locals to follow, joining hands to build an ever more prosperous homeland.
PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Minister-Head of the Government Office Mai Tien Dung present gifts to locals at the event. (Credit: VGP)
* The same day, Lieutenant General To Lam, who is a Politburo member and Minister of Public Security, participated in the same event in Dinh Du Commune, Van Lam District, Hung Yen Province.
Speaking at the festival, Minister Lam suggested Hung Yen further accelerate the implementation of patriotic emulation movements, improve the efficiency of socioeconomic development combined with sustainable poverty reduction and build new-style rural areas and civilised urban areas.
* In the province of Lang Son, the local VFF chapter held a ceremony yesterday to celebrate the VFF’s 86th founding anniversary and to receive the second-class Labour Order in recognition of its contributions to local socioeconomic development during the 2011-2015 period.
* The festival was also held simultaneously on November 18 in 76 residential areas of 76 communes, wards and towns in the southern province of Hau Giang.
* Six individuals and 100 collectives have been honoured by Da Nang’s VFF Committee for their contributions to the implementation of the municipal VFF chapter’s 2016 campaigns.
* On the occasion of the anniversary, the central province of Thanh Hoa’s VFF and State Auditor presented VND60 million to support the construction of a house of gratitude for veteran Cao Van Thanh’s family in Son Hai Village, Ninh Hai Commune, Tinh Gia District.
The province’s VFF and the Thanh Hoa Entrepreneurs’ Club in Ho Chi Minh City also visited and donated VND100 million to support the construction of houses of gratitude to Ngo Thi Dong’s family in Dong Quang Commune, Dong Son District and Le Thi Khai’s in Vinh Hung Commune, Vinh Loc District.