Two goals inside the opening 20 minutes swiftly ended home hopes as top-flight Leverkusen advanced to the July 4 decider in Berlin where they will meet the winner of Wednesday’s clash between holders Bayern Munich and Eintracht Frankfurt.
* Watford goalkeeper Ben Foster has signed a new two-year contract to extend his stay at Vicarage Road, the Premier League club announced on Tuesday. Foster, who has amassed nearly 150 appearances for Watford across two spells, has started each of the club's 29 league games this season, recording 89 saves and nine clean sheets.
* Tiger Woods and the fans will be missing when golf returns this week after a three-month hiatus due to the novel coronavirus but the Charles Schwab Challenge will otherwise get the full major treatment with a strong field on display. Led by world number one Rory McIlroy, the world's top five players and 101 PGA Tour winners will be at the stately Colonial Country Club outside Forth Worth, Texas.
* Premier League clubs made a combined loss of £600 million in the 2018/19 season, even before suffering the financial pain of the coronavirus pandemic, a report revealed on Tuesday (Jun 9). Analysis from football finance experts Vysyble shows the 20 clubs in the English top-flight combined to post the huge loss despite record revenues of £5.15 billion (US$6.6 billion)
* As many as 10 La Liga sides will be fighting for their top-flight futures when the season restarts this week after a long pause due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with league mainstays Espanyol facing the biggest threat of relegation.
* Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has appointed his mentor and coaching inspiration Juan Manuel Lillo as his new assistant, the Premier League club said on Tuesday (Jun 9). Lillo, 54, will take up the role vacated by Mikel Arteta, who left the Etihad Stadium to become manager at former club Arsenal.
* France's highest administrative court on Tuesday (Jun 9) blocked the relegation of Amiens and Toulouse from Ligue 1 while rejecting Lyon's appeal against the decision to declare the season over. The judge in the Council of State "validates the end of the season and the standings but suspends relegation", read a statement summarising the ruling.
* Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana has signed a short-term contract extension to stay at Anfield for the remainder of the season, the Premier League club said on Tuesday.
* The Evian Championship, one of five women's golf major tournaments, has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the organizers said on Tuesday. The tournament, due to take place at the Evian Resort Golf Club in France, was earlier moved from July 23-26 to Aug. 6-9 due to the coronavirus-enforced shutdown.
* The Wales Rally GB has been cancelled due to the global coronavirus pandemic, organisers announced on Tuesday. This year's event had been due to take place from Oct 29 to Nov 1 as the penultimate round on the 2020 World Rally Championship (WRC) schedule.
* The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) has set up a R$100 million (£16.32 million) relief fund to help top-flight clubs mitigate the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Clubs in Brazil's second tier have been allocated R$15 million, the governing body added in a statement.