* UEFA is set to decide next week on how to conclude this season's Champions League and Europa League competitions which have been put on hold since March because of the coronavirus pandemic, the European soccer body said Thursday.
* The MotoGP season stalled by the novel coronavirus pandemic will begin with back-to-back races at the Jerez circuit in Spain on July 19 and 26, the sport's governing body said on Thursday. Five circuits will host double-headers and there will be a total of seven races in Spain as part of the revised 13-round European calendar.
* Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Dele Alli will miss the Premier League restart after being suspended for a match by the Football Association on Thursday (Jun 11), having been found guilty of misconduct after mocking the novel coronavirus outbreak.
* England international Jill Scott has agreed a two-year contract extension with Manchester City that will see her become a player-coach at the club. The 33-year-old midfielder joined City in January 2014, having started her career with her hometown club Sunderland before a seven-year spell with Everton.
* All 20 Premier League clubs have approved matchday protocols for next week's resumption of action after a three-month stoppage due to by the COVID-19 pandemic. A shareholders meeting on Thursday discussed details of medical and operational measures, including how many backroom staff will be allowed to attend away games.
* The PGA Tour quietly returned to action for the first time in three months amid the COVID-19 pandemic as the world's best golfers competed at a spectator-free Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth, Texas on Thursday.
* Players will be allowed to play for up to three clubs, instead of two, during the course of a season in a temporary rule change to alleviate the effects of the novel coronavirus pandemic on the sport, FIFA said on Thursday. The global soccer body added that the move was "to avoid any concerns regarding unemployed players."
* Williams driver George Russell has added an esports title to his resume after Ferrari rival Charles Leclerc withdrew from Sunday's final virtual Formula One grand prix to focus on the simulated 24 Hours of Le Mans.
* The Diamond League got back underway with an exhibition event in Oslo on Thursday featuring odd distances and remote competition as athletics bids to restart in the wake of the new coronavirus pandemic.
* Liverpool cruised to a 6-0 victory over Blackburn Rovers in a friendly behind closed doors at Anfield on Thursday (Jun 11) as Juergen Klopp's side stepped up their preparations for the Premier League restart next week.
* The final of this season's FA Cup, scheduled for Aug. 1, will be known as the Heads Up FA Cup Final in honour of the Heads Up mental health campaign, England's Football Association said on Thursday.