* Mexico moved into the Gold Cup final on Tuesday with a 1-0 win over Haiti but they needed a penalty in extra time to beat the unfancied Caribbean outfit.
* Lionel Messi vowed to extend his international career after yet another bid to win a major title with Argentina ended in failure at the Copa America on July 3.
* Singaporean tycoon Peter Lim has pledged a total of S$30 million to helping local youth, including homegrown athletes and those with less privileged backgrounds, it was announced on Wednesday (Jul 3).
* Former Barcelona and Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has joined Chinese second tier club Qingdao Huanghai, the League One leaders announced on social media on Wednesday.
* West Ham United midfielder Robert Snodgrass has signed a one-year contract extension to keep him at the London Stadium until 2021, the Premier League club said on Wednesday. The Scotland international made 38 appearances in all competitions and scored four goals last season, helping West Ham finish 10th in the standings.
* Sheffield United have signed midfielder Luke Freeman from Championship side Queens Park Rangers on a three-year contract for an undisclosed club record fee, the newly promoted Premier League side said on Wednesday.
* La Liga club Atletico Madrid have confirmed that Premier League champions Manchester City have paid the EUR70 million (£63 million) buyout clause for their Spanish international holding midfielder Rodrigo Hernandez.
* World number eight Kevin Anderson will lead John McEnroe's Team World at the Laver Cup in Geneva in September, with John Isner, Milos Raonic and Denis Shapovalov also named to take on Team Europe.
* Norwich City's Finland striker Teemu Pukki has signed a new three-year contract with the option of a further year, the promoted Premier League club said on Wednesday. Pukki, 29, joined Norwich in June 2018 and scored 30 goals in all competitions as the Canaries finished top of the Championship (second-tier) table to return to the top flight after a three-year absence.
* Manchester City have re-signed left back Angelino from PSV Eindhoven a year after they sold him to the Dutch club, the Premier League champions said on Wednesday. The 22-year-old Spanish defender has signed a four-year contract which will keep him at the club until 2023, with British media reporting City activated a 5.3 million pounds buy-back clause in his contract.
* Atletico Madrid on Wednesday (Jul 3) signed 19-year-old Portuguese striker Joao Felix from Benfica for EUR126 million (US$142 million), the clubs announced.
* The Premier League has moved a step closer to taking control of the Women's Super League (WSL) from the English FA after clubs agreed to conduct a feasibility study to explore the idea.