January 4-10: Construction of Hoa Binh hydropower plant expansion begins

Monday, 2021-01-11 14:23:58
 Font Size:     |        Print

Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc (centre) and delegate at the ground-breaking ceremony. (Photo: NDO/Tran Hai)
 Font Size:     |  

NDO – Nhan Dan Online reviews the notable events that made headlines over the past week.

Construction of Hoa Binh hydropower plant expansion kicks off

Construction on the expandsion of the Hoa Binh hydropower plant began in the northern mountainous province of Hoa Binh.

Covering an area of 99.62 hectares in Hoa Binh City, the expansion project has received investment from the Vietnam Electricity Group (EVN) with total funding of over VND 9.22 trillion (some US$398.9 million), 30% of which has been arranged by EVN while the remaining 70% comes from commercial loans without a government guarantee.

Forces ready to ensure safety for 13th National Party Congress

Delegates attending the ceremony to launch the task and conduct a drill ahead of the 13th National Party Congress. (Photo: VNA)

Relevant forces have embarked on the task of ensuring security and safety for the upcoming 13th National Party Congress, which is scheduled to open on January 25.

The Ministry of Public Security in coordination with other ministries and agencies and the Hanoi People’s Committee held a ceremony to launch the task and conduct a drill ahead of the big event.

More than 6,000 officers and soldiers of the public security and army forces, health workers of the capital city, and representatives from 10 adjacent localities joined the ceremony.

Work starts on National Innovation Centre

Construction of the National Innovation Centre (NIC) officially kicked off in Hanoi along with the opening of an international exhibition displaying the year’s leading innovations, under the presence of Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.

The centre, covering an area of 35 hectares, has been established under the Prime Minister’s Decision No.1269/QD-TTg to support and develop the nation’s start-ups and innovation ecosystems, contributing to the growth models based on science and technology.

National Action Programme for Children in 2021-2030 period approved

Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has approved the National Action Programme for Children for the 2021-2030 period with a view to creating a safer, healthier and friendlier environment for children.

The programme contains four comprehensive targets to ensure children’s nutrition, healthcare, education, recreation and participation, with 24 specific indicators. It includes tasks and solutions for legal and policy building, children’s rights, social welfare and child protection.

Programme launched to promote Vietnamese tourism on YouTube

A tourism promotion programme entitled ‘Vietnam: Di De Yeu’ (Discover Vietnam) was launched on YouTube, aiming to advertise Vietnam as a safe and attractive destination for visitors.

The programme was hosted by the Tourism Information Centre under the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism in coordination with both Google and the VinPearl hotel system.

The programme gathers many celebrated YouTube creators, influencers, and travel bloggers who have large number of subscribers and followers, including H'Hen Nie, Chan La Ca, Khoai Lang Thang, Helly Tong, and Fly Around Vietnam.

Winners of Dedication Music Awards 2021 announced

Singer Tung Duong at the awards ceremony of the 2021 Dedication Music Awards. (Photo: thethaovanhoa.vn)

The winners of the 16th Dedication Music Awards were officially announced and honoured at a ceremony held in virtual form in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.

Singer Tung Duong was presented with three awards, in the categories of “best singer of the year”, “best new album” and “best show of the year”.

The organising board also presented prizes to the “best producer”, the best music series, the best music video, the best song, and the best new artist.

Hanoi FC wins fourth Super Cup title in history

Hanoi FC is celebrating the new season in style as Chu Dinh Nghiem’s side edged past Viettel FC 1-0 on January 9 to lift the 2020 National Super Cup trophy, their fourth in the competition’s history (after 2010, 2018 and 2019).

Bui Hoang Viet Anh slotted home the solitary goal of the match in the 73rd minute from a pass by Geovane, thus bringing Hanoi FC level with Song Lam Nghe An and Becamex Binh Duong in terms of Super Cup trophies.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • IN
  • Google+
  • Weibo
  • email

More news stories