* Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday urged his countrymen to join the fight against malnutrition next month. For the past few years, September is celebrated as the "month of nutrition" in India.
* Kuwait will hold a parliamentary election on Sept. 29, state news agency KUNA reported, after the Gulf state's crown prince moved to dissolve parliament in a bid to resolve a political standoff between the government and the elected legislature.
* Argentina's Vice President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner asked her supporters to halt a protest on Saturday, while defending their right to demonstrate, after prosecutors requested a 12-year prison sentence for alleged corruption.
* French Prime Minister Elisabeth Borne Saturday announced a green fund of 1.5 billion euros (1.5 billion USD) for local authorities to accelerate the ecological transition in the country.
* Israel has hit 64 military targets in Syria by far this year, killing 45 servicemen and pro-government fighters in the bordering country, a war monitor reported on Sunday.
* Tehran's ongoing "precise examination" of the US response to its viewpoints on the European Union (EU) proposed draft agreement on reviving the 2015 nuclear deal will continue at least by the end of Friday, said Iran's Nour News on Sunday.
* Germany's gas storage facilities are filling up faster than planned, Economy Minister Robert Habeck said, giving hope that Europe's biggest economy could avoid acute gas shortages this winter.
* Six ships laden with food left the Ukrainian port of Odesa, the spokesman for the regional administration, Serhiy Bratchuk, said on Telegram app.
* The Taliban's acting defence minister on Sunday said Pakistan had allowed American drones to use its airspace to access Afghanistan, a charge Pakistan has recently denied following a US air strike in Kabul.
* Iranian ambassador to Lebanon said on Saturday that his country is ready to donate fuel oil if Lebanon needed so, the National News Agency reported.
* The government is working to confront the drought in part of the country as well as the snowfall affecting agricultural areas, Chilean minister of agriculture said on Saturday.
* Pakistan needs financial help to deal with "overwhelming" floods, its foreign minister said on Sunday, adding that he hoped financial institutions such as the International Monetary Fund would take the economic fallout into account.
* A total of 97 forest and steppe fires have been recorded across Mongolia since the beginning of this year, destroying 1,051,907 hectares of forest and grassland, the country's National Emergency Management Agency said Sunday.