1. The Prime Minister approved the Customs Development Strategy to 2030 as a basis for building a smart, regular and modern Vietnam Customs.
On May 20, 2022, Deputy Prime Minister Le Minh Khai signed Decision No. 628/QD-TTg, approving the Customs Development Strategy to 2030.
2. Strengthening administrative reform, modernisation and trade facilitation of the customs sector, leading to Vietnam's import and export revenue exceeding 700 billion USD for the first time.
3. The fight against smuggling of banned goods achieved impressive results with the seizure of a large number of drugs (more than 1 tonne) and the arrest of 270 subjects.
In 2022, the situation of drug crime, illegal trading and transportation of narcotics and precursors across the border is still very complicated, with many potential risks. In particular, the postal service, express delivery, illegal trading and transportation of narcotics has been tending to increase in size, quantity and complexity.
4. Detecting and investigating many cases of commercial fraud with great value goods, with some cases amounting to trillions of dong. Prosecuting 48 cases, petitioning other agencies to prosecute 141 cases, an increase of 23% over the same period last year.
In 2022, the situation of smuggling, commercial fraud and counterfeit goods tent to increase on border lines, sea areas and inland areas with new and more sophisticated methods and tricks.
Civil servants of the Anti-smuggling and Investigation Department under the General Department of Customs patrol and control Quang Ninh waters.
5. For the sixth year in a row, the General Department of Customs is at the top in administrative reform of the General Department and always in the top of the index of readiness to apply information technology.
Over the years, the General Department of Customs has been assessed by the Government, ministries, sectors and the business community as one of the leading agencies in reform and modernisation.
6. Import and export tax revenue in 2022 exceeded the highest estimate ever, and is expected to reach 440 trillion VND, 80 trillion VND higher than the assigned estimate and 20 trillion VND higher than the target.
7. Providing solutions and management tools for the import and export of goods by road by implementing a system of declaration, receipt and processing of imported goods information manifest.
The system has demonstrated outstanding advantages. The system has been completed and added a number of user support functions that have brought many benefits, including saving time, costs, papers, records, and human resources.
8. Signing the Declaration of Intent on strengthening and expanding the cooperation between the General Department of Customs of Vietnam and the US Customs and Border Protection.
At this event, leaders of customs of the two countries discussed the context of Vietnam-US trade relations in recent years with the outstanding growth in turnover and surpassing the milestone of 100 billion USD in 2021, making Vietnam the 9th largest trading partner of the US and the US the largest export market of Vietnam.
9. Promulgating and implementing a pilot programme to support and encourage enterprises to voluntarily comply with customs laws, successfully organising a Customs-Business Forum with the theme "Vietnam Customs facilitates trade and logistics development", and honouring enterprises paying large taxes and complying well with customs laws.
10. Successfully organising Congresses of 52 Party cells under the Party Committee of the General Department of Customs for the 2022-2025 tenure.