The house, owned by Nguyen Van Duong, is located in Van Phuc Silk Village in Ha Dong District and was a temporary residence of President Ho Chi Minh from December 3 to 19, 1946.
At the house, President Ho Chi Minh penned his appeal for a national resistance war, calling the entire people of Vietnam to resist the attempts of the French to restore colonial rule in Vietnam and protect national independence and freedom.
The display introduces to the public nearly 100 documents and artefacts that President Ho Chi Minh used during his stay in the house as well as documents and objects about the patriotic revolutionary tradition and Nguyen Van Duong’s family’s long-standing practice of making traditional Chinese medicine.
During the war time, Nguyen Van Duong’s house served as a meeting venue for revolutionary officials and a secret shelter for many Party senior officials, including Hoang Quoc Viet and Hoang Van Thu.
Works on display also include ancient outfits made with silk from Van Phuc Village, which is well-known for its traditional sericulture, weaving, and silk products.