The project, spanning 120ha, will have a capacity of 1,500 MW and will be capable of supplying 8.25 billion kWh to the national grid each year.
With a total investment of 54 trillion VND (2.37 billion USD), the project has received investment from a consortium of Vietnamese conglomerate T&T Group, the Korea Gas Corporation (KOGAS), the Hanwha Energy Corporation (HANWHA), and Korea Southern Power (KOSPO).
Perspective of the Hai Lang LNG Power Centre project, Quang Tri.
The project is expected to be complete and put into operation in 2026-2027.
It will include a port capable of handling vessels carrying up to 226,000 m3 of gas and receiving 1.5 million tonnes of LNG per year.
Addressing the ceremony, Deputy Secretary of the Provincial Party Committee, Chairman of the Quang Tri Provincial People's Committee Vo Van Hung asked the investors to speed up the project’s procedures and mobilise financial resources to carry out the project, ensuring quality and safety while meeting the schedule.
He also said that favourable conditions will be created for them during the project's implementation.
The project has been identified by Quang Tri Province as a key energy project of the province, which should be prioritised for investment in order to create an impetus for Quang Tri to become an energy centre of the central region; and acts as the premise and driving force for socio-economic development, national defence and security assurance and job creation for workers in the province.
The ceremony of awarding the investment registration certificate and approving the investor complex
At the ground-breaking ceremony, the Quang Tri Economic Zone Authority awarded an investment registration certificate and approved the investor complex including T&T Group, KOGAS, HANWHA, and KOSPO, in which T&T Group is contributing 40% of the investment capital while the three remaining enterprises will contribute the remaining 60% of the investment capital for this key energy project of Quang Tri Province.