The site is located in Lao Kho village, Phieng Khoai commune, Yen Chau district, Son La province.
The place witnessed the revolutionary activities of the North Lao Vanguard Division from 1948-1951. Thanks to the care and help of the local people of Phieng Sa village (now Lao Kho village) and the family of Trang Lao Kho, the North Lao Vanguard Division was safely protected to build a resistance base, laying the foundation for the development of the Lao revolutionary movement.
The ceremony was also held marking the 60th anniversary of the Vietnam-Laos diplomatic ties and the 45th anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation between Vietnam and Laos.
The ceremony saw the presence of theLao Ambassador to Vietnam, high-ranking delegations from Lao provinces of Xaisomboun, Xayabury, Xiangkhouang, Houaphanh, Louangphabang, Oudomxay, and Bokeo, and the Secretary of Son La Provincial Party Committee Nguyen Huu Dong.